Zaporozhye State Medical University
Zaporozhye State Medical University is a self-governing (autonomous) state higher educational institution of the IV (the top) level of accreditation.
In 1968 Zaporozhye Pharmaceutical Institute (1903) was renamed into Zaporozhye Medical Institute. In 1994 it got the status of Zaporozhye State Medical University. Now it is one of the leading Medical Universities of Ukraine. It has become a training center for medical and pharmaceutical specialists for Ukraine and for foreign countries. More than 30,000 specialists have graduated from ZSMU since then. At present more than 5000 native students and about 800 foreign students from different countries are being trained at the University.
Zaporozhye State Medical University is situated in the historical center of Zaporozhye COSSAACS, the city of Zaporozhye, in the south of Ukraine.
The system of training at Zaporozhye State Medical University includes the premedical, medical and post-diploma periods of training. The premedical education is provided at the Preparatory faculty for foreign citizens, which is the oldest one in the countries of CIS. It is a center of foreign students' training for further studies in other higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
- The total area of the University is 11,7 hectares
- The number of books in the library is 805448 copies
- There are all necessary facilities for comfortable life of students in Zaporozhye
- Well-developed network of cheap transport (bus, trolleybus, tram; the fare is 0,2 USD)
- Taxi (municipal and private)
- One can get to any city or town in Ukraine or Russia from the railway station
- International flights are made from Zaporozhye airport
- Surgical hospital
- The consumer goods basket is not expensive (you can have a full set of food for 150 USD a month.